Bed sheets are a simple product but if you are reading this article, you are either feeling overwhelmed with the choices or tired of making the wrong one. A good night sleep has a profound effect on how you function and feel during the day, and the feel of sheets play a pivotal role in this equation. Additionally, you want to buy Bed Sheets that fit the mattress and don’t wear out too quickly. Here’s what to consider when buying fitted and flat Bed Sheets. You also will be looking for Good Quality Bed Sheets and Designer Bed Sheets. You will be looking for Bed Sheets which will Look Best in Your Bed Room. This are Some Guide to Help You Buy Bed Sheets.
Choose the right size Bed Sheets
- Bed Sheets are sold in the following standard sizes: twin, X-long twin, full (double), queen, king and Single.
- For the fitted Bed Sheet, measure the depth of the mattress and look for a pocket depth that’s at least 2 inches more so there’s enough fabric to tuck underneath the corners. Bed Sheets that are 100 percent cotton will shrink the most.
Compare the benefits and drawbacks of different fabrics of Bed Sheets
- Cotton Bed Sheets Fabrics has a cool, soft feel and is naturally stain resistant, but it’s likely to shrink and wrinkle.
- Combed cotton Bed Sheets Fabrics has had the shorter fibers removed to make the sheets feel smoother.
- Egyptian cotton Bed Sheets Fabrics (grown along the Nile River) and Pima cotton (grown in Arizona) have longer fibers, this is to a longer growing season in these areas. The result is a stronger and more luxurious sheet that’s even less likely to pill and shed lint. Sheets bearing the trademarked name “Suprima” are 100 percent Pima cotton.
- Organic cotton bed sheets are made from plants that were not treated with pesticides. They also don’t have any type of chemical treatment added by the manufacturer.
- Cotton-polyester blend costs less than cotton and is more durable and wrinkle-free. The trade-off is you lose softness, and stains are harder to remove.
- Flannel is a cotton blend that feels warmer.
Understand how the fabric’s threads affect softness of Bed Sheets
- The thread count, which typically ranges from 200 to 1,000, is the number
of horizontal and vertical threads used to make a single square inch of the sheet. However, flannel Bed Sheets are measured in ounces per square yard, rather than thread count.
- Each thread can be made from a single strain (1-ply) or 2 strains twisted together (2-ply). Bedding with 2-ply threads may be stronger, but the heavier weave usually feels stiffer and less soft.
Expect the weave of the fabric to affect softness of Bed Sheets.
- A standard weave follows a simple over-under pattern. The term “percale” denotes a tight standard weave with 180 or higher thread count that adds a crispness to the feel of cotton.
- A sateen weave has 4 vertical threads over each horizontal stitch, which puts more threads on the surface. It’s more silky and glossy but sacrifices strength.
- A twill weave is at a diagonal for a heavier feel and less wrinkling.
- Jacquard and damask are intricate weaves that create a textured feel but cost more.
Select a color or pattern of Bed Sheets
- Most bed sheets are dyed after they are woven, which makes them feel stiff until they have been washed a few times.
- Bed Sheets that are made from threads that are dyed before they are woven, such as jacquard, cost more.
Decide whether you want to buy sheets as a set or individually.
- A sheet set, which includes a fitted sheet, flat sheet and one or two pillow cases, is often more economical. However, if you don’t use a flat sheet or have odd-sized pillows, it may make sense to buy individual pieces.
Due to Growth of Online Industry. You can also Buy Bed Sheets Online From our Jodhaa Online Store. Buy Bed Sheets Online at Best Price. Jodhaa Home Decor Online Store offer Variety of Bed Sheets. We have Variety of Designer Bed Sheets. Buying Bed Sheet online is a Easy Way. To Buy Bed Sheets Online we also have Written Sizes and all fabrics Details. Our Bed Sheets are Best Quality Sheets. We have variety of Designs of Bed sheets available at our Online store in India.